Accredited Coach Renewal Scheme
Ensure consistent professional and sports standards of practice.
Implementation Schedule & Procedure
- From 1 September 2008, all newly-accredited coaches will receive a Certificate, a "Coach Accreditation Card" together with a "Coach Logbook" after the completion of the Sports-General Theory (Part A) course.
Existing Accredited Coaches
- CAP accredited coaches qualified before 1 September 2008 may obtain a new Sports-General Theory Certificate, a "Coach Accreditation Card" and a "Coach Logbook" free of charge according to the following schedule:
|Year of Accreditation||Period of Replacement||Expiry Date of the New Coach Accreditation Card|
|On or before 2000||1.9.2008 - 30.11.2008||31.12.2012|
|2001||1.3.2009 - 30.4.2009||31.5.2013|
|2002||1.7.2009 - 31.8.2009||30.9.2013|
|2003||1.11.2009 - 31.12.2009||31.1.2014|
|2004||1.3.2010 - 30.4.2010||31.5.2014|
|2005||1.7.2010 - 31.8.2010||30.9.2014|
|2006||1.11.2010 - 31.12.2010||31.1.2015|
|1.2007 - 8.2008||1.3.2011 - 30.4.2011||31.5.2015|
- Replacement Procedure
- Existing CAP coaches can submit the following documents to the HKCC *in person or by post according to the designated period:
a) Completed application form (click here to download); b) Original copy of the highest level Sports-General Theory Certificate; c) One photo of 1.5"W x 2"H (blue background) taken within recent 3 months.; and d) Two stamped (HK$1.7 stamp) and self-addressed envelopes. (Not applicable for applicant choosing to collect acknowledgement letter through E-mail)
* For submitting application in person, please seal then deposit the above documents into the designated drop-in box at the reception of the Hong Kong Sports Institute during the below office hours:
Date Office Hours Monday to Saturday 8:00 am to 7:00 pm Sunday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Hong Kong Sports Institute
25 Yuen Wo Road,
Sha Tin, New Territories,
- Upon receipt and verification of all of the above documents, the HKCC will process the application. Applicants will be informed in writing for collection of the new certificate, "Coach Accreditation Card" and "Coach Logbook".
- Accredited coaches not obtaining their new "Coach Accreditation Card" within the specific period will have to re-take the relevant level of CAP in order to re-activate the accredited coach status. All old Sports-General Theory Certificates will become invalid after the respective replacement periods.